As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means I may earn a small commission if you use my affiliate links, but there's no extra cost for you!

We’re finally back at home after barely being here since Christmas Day. We’ve had a fun action packed Christmas – it’s been amazing; everything we wished for, for all these years, and I can’t wait until next year as little man will be able to open his own presents and understand just that little bit more! 

Christmas Eve

I sent hubby out with little man so I could get on with a few last minute bits; he said he had to get me a couple more pressies anyway. I decorated the Xmas cake, then I made mince pies, and then decided to make coconut ice while I was at it. Then I finished on the pressie wrapping! We all sat down (well, J played and crawled!), and I was just singing and dancing around like a crazy woman and J laughed at me! He was finally in bed at 8 pm so we ordered fish & chips, and then we got all the presents out! I actually burst into tears (of happiness) as I was so happy that we had finally gotten this far, when a couple of years ago I thought it would never happen. I couldn’t sleep with excitement, and when it turned midnight I tried waking hubby up to open our presents but he wasn’t having any of it!

Christmas Day

I still couldn’t sleep well and woke at 3 am and 5 am, both times trying to wake hubby up again, but to no avail! Eventually we both woke up around 7 am and he caved in, yay! Little man wasn’t awake so we thought we’d get ours out of the way while waiting for him to wake, and then when we finished we were just sat there waiting, and waiting… I decided I was going to go into his room and put his clothes away to make some noise, when he eventually decided to wake up at 8.20 am! He had his bottle and nappy changed, and then we set to him opening his presents! Obviously he had no idea what was going on or what to do, so Daddy helped him open them. He started getting bored I think as he was grumbling, so we had a rest. My Mum wanted to see him open a couple of presents over Skype anyway so we waited until she was ready and then we did some more. Once the opening was over we let him play with all his new toys (in his new ball pit!) and we got ready to go to the in-laws. We had dinner pretty much as soon as we got there (little man loved his first Christmas dinner!), then we opened even more presents! Safe to say we were all spoiled, though I’m not going to add pictures of our presents as I’ve taken too many! Though he got a fab tent which 3 of us spent ages crawling in & out of with him, he loves it! We had some tea there as well then we left at 8 pm and J fell asleep in the car, meaning he was wide awake when we got home and didn’t go to sleep until 11 pm…

Boxing Day

We woke before J again so we just laid in bed talking, and then he eventually woke up at 9 am, a long lie in! He must have been shattered from Xmas Day as he was awake for a long time and it was full of excitement. We were going to my Mum & step-Dad’s in the afternoon and staying the night. As soon as we got there J got stuck into opening even more presents – he got a baby walker as his main present and he loves pulling the phone off and trying to put it back on! He’s not quite up to walking with it yet though! He had his second Xmas dinner and then we settled him down and got him to bed. Now, we were supposed to be having a Chinese takeaway so they had gotten some crispy duck pancakes for us to have while we were waiting for the delivery… As it turned out, all of the Chinese takeaways where they live were closed, so we ended up with a Chinese starter and an Indian main course! It was a lovely curry though. 

The day after Boxing Day

We had gotten money to go to an American style restaurant called Damon’s, who are famous for their ribs and we love going. We stayed in the motel too. My Mum was looking after J overnight, but it was also the anniversary of my Nanna’s death so we left in the morning and took him back before we went, so she could spend the day on her own for a bit of reflection. We made sure we got to the restaurant for cocktail hour (half price cocktails) we managed 6 cocktails between us for £15, bargain! Then we were called to our table and I had already decided I was having ribs, of course! Neither of us could manage to finish our meal as there was so much, but I made sure I finished my ribs…

Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of, Inc, or its affiliates.


I’m Stacey, in my mid-late 30’s, from a tiny village (officially a hamlet) in Lincolnshire.

I’m a mum to two handsome boys. They’re both diagnosed autistic but that only makes them different, not less. Barney, a Frenchie x Beagle, is my furbaby. Owner of a husband too!

Blogging about lifestyle and books with a bit of everything else thrown in!

You may also like...

Leave a reply, I'd love to hear what you think! (If using your name and email you may want to take a look at my updated privacy policy to see how I use your information.)

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.