Banana cake is a firm favourite in our house, especially with little man J who loves both bananas and cake! And big Mr just loves cake in general…
This recipe is very simple and you can vary it such as adding cinnamon & walnuts, yummy! You can also top it with icing (lemon icing is good) if you so wish, but it is delicious without, especially with a cuppa.
- 2/3 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 100 g butter
- 100 g caster sugar
- 225 g self raising flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/200C/400F.
- Mash the bananas with the lemon juice.
- Cream together the butter & sugar.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add the bananas.
- Sift the flour and add to the mixture (though if you use a freestanding mixer you don’t usually need to sift the flour).
- Turn into a loaf tin and bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then enjoy!