Everyone loves a good cheesecake don’t they? If you don’t, what is wrong with you?! (Jokes). This is a cheesecake I made recently when my Mum brought us back a bottle of limoncello from her holiday.
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 16 digestive biscuits
- 100 g butter, melted
- 500 g soft cheese
- 150 g caster sugar
- 50g icing sugar
- 200 g white chocolate, melted
- 3 tbsp limoncello, or lemon juice for a non boozy one
- zest of 1 lemon
- Line the bottom of an 8″ spring form cake tin and lightly grease.
- In a separate bowl, crush the biscuits with a rolling pin and add the butter. Mix until well combined.
- Press firmly into the bottom of the cake tin.
- Place the biscuit mixture into the freezer for 20-30 minutes to firm up.
- In the meantime mix together the soft cheese, caster sugar, icing sugar, white chocolate & limoncello until well combined (though you could leave out the chocolate if you wish).
- Remove the tin from the freezer and pour the mixture into the tin, smoothing with the back of a spoon.
- Leave in the fridge overnight to firm up.
- Before serving, grate lemon zest on top of the cheesecake.