We only recently started eating pesto after having it on a pizza elsewhere, but it is so versatile. This tart has a few individually distinct flavours but they all complement each other beautifully, and I could eat the whole thing. It’s really easy and quick to make too. I served it with cous cous for a lighter accompaniment to the puff pastry.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 250 g ready rolled puff pastry sheet (the cheat’s way, or you can make your own)
- 50 g green pesto
- 1 small bag of spinach
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 ball of mozzarella, thinly sliced
- Remove your pastry from the fridge 20 minutes before baking and preheat oven to gas 6/400F/200C.
- Place a rectangle of baking paper onto a baking tray and lay your sheet of puff pastry on top.
- Spread the pesto over the pastry leaving 1 cm around the edge, then either score around taking care not to go through the pastry, or pinch the sides up.
- Lay the spinach over the pesto.
- Lay the tomato halves evenly over the spinach.
- Lay the mozzarella slices over the top.
- Bake for around 30 minutes, until the pastry is puffed up & golden.
- Serve with your choice of accompaniment and enjoy!