In this house we love marshmallows and usually have them with a hot chocolate, cream & sprinkles but I have never cooked with them, or played with them either for that matter. We were recently sent some Mega Marshmallows from Innovative Bites and we did both!
Now from the description I knew they were going to be big, but I didn’t think they would be this big:
With marshmallows this size, you can get really creative! I had two things in mind to begin with – tower building and making s’mores!
We went for the tower building first and even Daddy really enjoyed this (I’m not sure who is the bigger kid to be honest)! He was creative in that instead of just stacking them on top of each other, he made more of a pyramid so managed to use pretty much the whole pack! In the meantime, Noah was just munching on one he managed to steal away…
Next on the agenda was s’mores. I’d never made them before so I kind of just winged this but it turned out simply a-ma-zing.
Ingredients (makes 6)
- 6 mega marshmallows
- 12 chocolate digestive biscuits
- Preheat oven to around gas 2/150c/300f.
- Place 6 of the biscuits, chocolate side up, onto a clean baking tray.
- Place one marshmallow onto each biscuit.
- Carefully place the other 6 biscuits, chocolate side down, on top of each marshmallow.
- Bake for around 15 minutes, until the marshmallow is all squishy when you press gently on top of the biscuit.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool a little.
Overall we think these are a really great marshmallow – they are an amazing size, they taste really fluffy but not overly sweet, and there is no end of creativity to be had with them. I would most definitely buy them if I spotted them in a store!
RRP: £3 for 700g
Our rating – 5/5
We were sent this product free of charge to review. All thoughts and opinions are honest & our own.