Most people I know love a good curry, but a lot of them can be greasy because the meat is either cooked in fat, or also very calorific because of cream added to it. Chuck everything in the slow cooker with no need to pre-cook anything, and you have a lovely healthy curry to go! I simply adore chicken in the slow cooker as it just melts in your mouth, this dish is no different. It’s Slimming World friendly too as it’s tomato rather than cream based.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 3-4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, cut into slices
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500g box of passata
- 1/2 – 1 pack Spice N Tice chicken tikka spices (depending how much spice you like!)
- Using a little Fry Light, brown the chicken in a large frying pan for 1-2 minutes, then drain any liquid. (Feel free to skip this step).
- Chuck everything in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy with rice and/or extra vegetables!