I love the fact that on the Slimming World plan I can eat as big a portion of risotto as I like and not have to worry about the calories in the rice, though it is really filling so you don’t need much anyway! Though the only meat in this Slimming World risotto is bacon, it still tastes really meaty due to the stock, and you could chuck in even more speed veg to make it extra weight loss fueled! The cheese adds an extra dimension of flavour. This one could be made into a veggie version if you omit the bacon and use vegetable stock. If you use the Primula as your Healthy Extra A, it is completely syn free too*. Thumbs up!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g risotto rice
- 1.5l boiling stock made with 2 Knorr ham stock cubes
- 4 lean rashers bacon
- 1 large onion, diced
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a cup of frozen peas
- 2 tubes Primula light**
- Using Fry Light, gently fry the bacon, onion, and mushrooms over a medium heat.
- When the bacon is just cooked, add the rice, mix, and heat for a couple of minutes.
- Gradually add the stock a spoon/ladle full at a time, mixing and then letting it evaporate between adding.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the peas, keep adding the stock, then cook until the peas are cooked and the rice is soft.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the Primula until the risotto is nice and creamy.
* If not using the Primula as a Healthy Extra, add 6 syns per serving.
* You could also just use 1 tube and count it as half your Healthy Extra.