Since I’ve seen all of the types of fish I can eat on Slimming World without counting the calories, I’ve decided to become a little more experimental with it! In our house we have ‘Fish Friday’ and it usually consists of scampi, cod/haddock, or mackerel. I’ve always loved the reduced shelf in the supermarket and now I’ve started raiding the fish section every week to see what I can find for the following week. One of my recent finds was plaice fillets, to which I added just a couple of simple ingredients which brought the flavour out just a little bit more. And it’s completely Slimming World friendly too!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 fillets of plaice (de-boned)
- lemon juice
- sea salt
- 3 baby tomatoes, halved
- basil leaves
- Preheat oven to gas 5/375F/190C.
- Place the fillets onto a baking tray.
- Squeeze a little lemon juice and sprinkle a little salt onto each fillet.
- Place 4 tomato halves onto each fillet.
- Carefully tear the basil leaves and arrange on the fillets.
- Cover the tray loosely with foil, then bake for around 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately with other vegetables, and enjoy!