As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This means I may earn a small commission if you use my affiliate links, but there's no extra cost for you!
Angel Delight. Such a great memory from childhood. Simple, but great. I think it must have been a staple dessert for many a child since it first appeared in 1967. It’s quick, easy, bubbly, and tasty – so what’s not to love about it?!
Never mind enjoying it during childhood – there has been more than once that I’ve eaten it in my adult life too. It’s just one of those desserts that you can never get bored of and want to pass the memories to your children.
The newest Angel Delight flavour is Bubblegum, and when it arrived I was thinking what I could do with it rather than the classic dessert or a milkshake as it also suggests on the packet. How about… Angel Delight cheesecake?! This one also incorporates another childhood favourite of mine – Rainbow Drops! It only takes a short time to make and you may think the cream cheese would take away from the Bubblegum flavour but it really doesn’t. Of course I also had to try it before adding the cream cheese, and it really does taste bubblegummy – it is delicious on its own!
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 8 digestive biscuits, crushed
- 40 g butter, melted
- 4 packets Rainbow Drops
- 1/2 pint milk
- 1 pack Bubblegum flavour Angel Delight
- 200 g cream cheese
- Crush the biscuits and then mix in the melted butter. Spoon and press into dessert bowls.
- Sprinkle a layer of Rainbow Drops over the biscuit base, leaving a few aside for topping.
- Make up the Angel Delight according to the instructions on the packet.
- Fold in the cream cheese before the Angel Delight starts to set.
- Spoon mixture over the Rainbow Drops.
- Sprinkle the remaining Rainbow Drops over the top.
- Leave to set in the fridge for an hour or so.
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc, or its affiliates.