Easter can be a hard time for Slimming World members, especially if you’re partial to a
bit lot of chocolate. Plus all of the delicious desserts including Creme Eggs and the such that come with it. Luckily for me I’m more of a savoury person, but I do enjoy the odd treat every now and then.
As we all know, Slimming World members needn’t miss out if you want to stay totally on plan over Easter; there are many recipes that can be adapted. One of my favourite Easter treats are Mini Eggs – not so good when I could sit and eat a whole sharing pack though! These Mini Egg mousse pots consisting of mostly syn free ingredients should hit the spot for that Easter dessert, and they only take ten minutes to prepare!
Ingredients (serves 6, 2 syns per serving)
- 100g quark
- 400g fat free fromage frais
- 1tbsp granulated sweetener
- 1 sachet Options salted caramel (1.5 syns – you could use a different flavour if you wish)
- 6 Mini eggs, whole (6 syns – you can add more to each pot if you wish, but remember to add 1 syn per egg)
- 4 Mini eggs, crushed with the end of a rolling pin (4 syns)
- In a bowl mix together the quark, fromage frais, sweetener and Options sachet.
- Divide between six shot glasses or small pots, and chill until required.
- Just before serving, add a whole Mini Egg on top of each mousse. Sprinkle the crushed eggs evenly between the pots.
For some more Slimming World friendly, low syn Easter recipes check these out!
Easter cheesecakes from Basement Bakehouse
Marzipan Easter egg cakes from Pinch of Nom
Chocolate rice krispie Easter egg nests from Slimming Eats
Easter egg chocolate chip microwave mug cake from Tastefully Vikkie
Creme Egg brownies from Slimmers Delight