If you follow me on Facebook or Instagram then you may have seen a few weeks ago that I was asked to be a founding member for the new Dr Oetker We Bake community. It’s kind of a cross between Instagram and an online baking club! You can upload photos of your bakes to the community to share with other members, check out others bakes, and also join in community and personal challenges where you can win some amazing prizes!
Be sure to check out the current challenges; the personal challenge is “Cupcake Champion”, and the community challenge is “Bake us a bauble!”. I’m looking forward to creating something for that one!
I’ll be regularly sharing recipes with you using Dr Oetker products, and the first one I created is for these lemon & blueberry surprise cupcakes. A subtle lemon flavour with a hidden Dr Oetker blueberry easy fill cake centre, decorated with Dr Oetker vanilla cupcake icing and Dr Oetker wafer daisies, they are sure to please young and old!
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 125g self raising flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 125g soft butter
- 2 medium eggs
- 1tsp lemon flavouring
- Dr Oetker Easy Fill Cake Centres Blueberry
- Dr Oetker Easy Swirl Vanilla Cupcake Icing
- Dr Oetker Wafer Daisies
- Preheat oven to gas 3/170c/325f. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with 8 cupcake cases.
- Cream together the butter & sugar, and then gradually add the flour, eggs, and lemon flavouring. Mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture equally between the cupcake cases, and bake in the preheated oven for around 25 minutes, until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for a few minutes then move to a wire cooling rack.
- Whilst still a bit warm, follow the instructions on the cake centres packet and pipe some into the centre of each cupcake, then leave to cool completely.
- Once completely cool, follow the instructions on the easy swirl icing pack and decorate each cupcake with the icing. I used all four nozzles for variety!
- Add a wafer daisy to each cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy!