Pasta is a favourite dish in our house and I love it served in so many ways – you can find some more of my pasta recipes here. This pesto pasta is super quick & easy; you could say a bit lazy too as there is no need to whip up your own pesto either… But it makes it perfect for those days where you’re in a rush or you just can’t be bothered to stand over the stove for a long time!
You can of course add whatever veg you like, or even change the chicken for something else, but quite simply this dish uses just five basic ingredients. The pesto is the main flavour here though so you don’t want anything too overpowering.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 cups dried penne pasta
- 150g cooked chicken
- 1 pot of Sacla No.1 classic basil pesto
- 1 ball of mozzarella, diced
- baby tomatoes, halved
- Cook the pasta according to packet instructions. Drain the pasta and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Add the pesto pot to the pan and mix well.
- Add the cooked chicken to the pesto pasta and mix well. (I use frozen ready cooked chicken heated in the microwave if I have no leftovers).
- Add any other veg, serve the pasta into bowls and top with the mozzarella and tomatoes.