Most people I know love a good curry, but a lot of them can be greasy because the meat is either cooked in fat, or also very calorific because of cream added to it. Chuck everything in the slow cooker with no need to pre-cook anything, and you have a lovely healthy curry to go! I simply adore chicken in the slow cooker as it just melts in your mouth, this dish is no different. It’s Slimming World friendly too as it’s tomato based and there are only a couple of syns in it from the curry paste.
Ingredients (serves 3-4)
- 3-4 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 large onion, cut into slices
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tin of chopped tomatoes
- 500g box of passata
- 2tbsp curry paste (I tend to use Patak’s balti)
- Chuck everything other than the curry paste in the slow cooker and mix well.
- Add the curry paste and stir until well combined with the other ingredients.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Enjoy with rice and/or vegetables!