Now it’s turned Autumn it’s just the weather for a lovely soup, especially a spicy one to warm you up. We had a butternut squash and some other bits of veg that needed using so I just rustled this up. I like my soup nice & thick but you could add a little more liquid to it if you like yours a bit thinner. This is yummy served with crusty bread rolls straight from the oven.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled & seeded & diced
- 1 medium parsnip, peeled & diced
- 2 small potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 1 tbsp medium curry powder
- large pan
- Over a low-medium heat, saute the onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add the diced veg to the pan, then add the stock.
- cook gently until the stock starts simmering.
- Turn the heat all the way down and let the pan simmer for 30-40 minutes until the veg is tender.
- Stir in the curry powder
- Let the pan cool for a while, then empty contents into the blender
- Whizz & pulse until smooth.