Quorn are running a two-weekly competition over on their Facebook page, to ‘Make Your Dish Famous‘. You must simply create a dish on a set theme using a Quorn product, and then submit a photo of it which then goes to judging. The winner will receive a picnic hamper for 4, and also their photo featured in the Quorn 2015 calendar.
The current theme is ‘Perfect for Picnic’ for which I have created two yummy dishes.
Easy sausage rolls
- 1 pack of Quorn meat free sausages
- 1 pack of ready to roll puff pastry
- Preheat oven to gas 7/425F/220C.
- Unroll your pastry sheet from the pack and cut into 6 equal pieces.
- Lay 1 sausage on each piece and roll until overlapped, pressing down at the join.
- Place on a baking tray 2-3 cm apart.
- Brush with either milk or egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until puffed up and golden.
- When cool cut each roll into 3 equal pieces, or just enjoy them whole!
Baked ham, egg & spinach cups
- 1 pack of Quorn meat free smokey ham style slices
- 4 eggs
- 8 spinach leaves
- Preheat oven to gas 6/400F/200C.
- Take 2 pieces of ham and place into one hole of a greased muffin tray (repeat with the rest – be extra careful though or the ham may break because of its composition).
- Whisk up the eggs, chop up the spinach into small pieces and mix into the eggs.
- Pour the egg-spinach mixture into each ham ‘cup’.
- Bake for around 10 mins until the egg is cooked and ham is golden & crispy around the edges.
- Once cooled, remove from the tin and place them into cupcake cases for a cute picnic feel!
I received complimentary Quorn vouchers to take part in this recipe competition.