I experimented with this recipe after acquiring a collection of courgettes from our weekly fruit & veg delivery, and wanted to do something different with them rather than our usual pasta dish (it’s also nice in cake too!). We served them with sausages and peas but you could serve them as a replacement to any potato side dish you have really.
Ingredients (makes around 10 large fritters)
- 2 large potatoes, roughly grated
- 2 courgettes, roughly grated
- 1 small onion, roughly grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- plain flour
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- Grate your potatoes, courgettes & onion into a large bowl.
- Squeeze out excess water using a sieve & large spoon – you can use your hands if you fancy it!
- Add the egg and mix together.
- Add flour 1 tbsp at a time until the mixture comes together.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan – though I use my Stone Earth Pan so only need a tiny bit.
- Take a tbsp of the mixture at a time and place into the pan, flattening down.
- Fry for around 5 minutes, turning once half way through.
- The fritters should be lovely & golden on the outside & soft on the inside.