Preparing to travel requires a great deal of planning and organization. You need your luggage packed and ready, and your tickets and reservations made before the big day. However, if there’s one thing that you might overlook, that’s your pieces of jewelry. If you take your bracelets, necklaces, rings, and other valuable items with you, make sure you get them protected. Here are a few tips to consider when keeping your valuables safe and organized.
Keep an inventory/checklist
When traveling with jewelry, the first thing you should do is to make a list of all the valuables. By doing it, you’ll know not to forget the number of earrings, necklaces, rings, and even bracelets you have to organize for the travel. Here’s some tips:
- Narrow down what you need to bring. After all, you don’t have to bring your entire jewelry collection with you.
- List down all the pieces of jewelry you’ve decided to take with you for the travel.
- Take photos of your jewelry, to count each piece before heading to the airport or even before heading back home.
Pack like a pro
Typically, a piece of jewelry is delicate. It can be damaged if it’s not packed and appropriately organized. If you’re a DIY fan, below are a few things to keep in mind when packing up your jewelry collection:
- Use a button to keep your earrings together and prevent loss.
- Take a Styrofoam plate to insert your earrings and make holes for your bangles and necklaces on the side.
- Make a roll to keep all your jewelry safe and intact.
- Buy an excellent jewelry organizer. It has holes intended for your earrings and inserts for your bigger size pieces.
- Use a soft pouch to keep all your jewelry and tie it up with a rope or shoelace.
- Use a pill case to arrange your accessories. It’s definitely small and robust to organize your valuables in one place.
- Use a toilet paper roll to organize your valuables. Pin your earrings on the side, insert your necklaces on the hole, and place your bracelets around the roll.
- Get the most out of a small travel towel by arranging your jewelry there and roll it. Then, tie it down at the ends for security purposes.
Think about the alternatives
Traveling with jewelry can be very risky since you’re on an adventure. With that said, it’s best to consider the other options to minimize the possibility of damage or loss.
- If you have a wedding set of jewelry, leave the bigger or the most valuable pieces at home.
- Buy fake jewelry to wear if you’re terrified of losing the real one while traveling.
- If you’re participating in outdoor activities such as boating, fishing, or hiking, be sure to pack away your valued jewelry and keep them safe for the day.
- If you’re looking to wear a statement necklace throughout your vacation, find a jewelry manufacturer that offers fashionable personalized jewelry. Make sure you indicate a note that states, “Please consider my explanation for the design I want,” so they can give you something that meets your personal sense of style.
Get jewelry insurance
No matter how careful you are with keeping your jewelry safe and organized, having insurance will relieve you from having major anxiety issues. You can explore places around the world knowing that no matter what type of accident might happen to your jewelry, they’re protected. So, don’t take any chances and make sure your valuables are safe throughout your vacation.
- Look for an insurance company that offers repair or replacement coverage for valuable possessions like jewelry.
- Insure your pieces of jewelry to protect them from being lost, stolen, and damaged.
- Make sure you get your earrings, necklaces, and rings insured before heading to your next travel adventure.
By keeping these tips in mind, you can take the right steps to safeguard your jewelry, allowing you to have peace of mind, to relax, and to have fun to the fullest.