You may have seen the cheesy meme going around recently; you know the one, where we only get 18 precious summers with our children so we must make the most of them. That’s all well and good, and to an extent I agree. But sometimes, just sometimes; we may have had enough, want a break, want to pull our hair out; just want them back at school! And that’s fine, too.
I’m not going to lie, I really struggled with them last summer. We were going through a really difficult time with Jacob and his behavioural issues, which made it hard for me mentally, wanting to take them both out on my own all of the time. Other than going away during the last week of summer, I’m going to admit that we probably had quite a boring six weeks. That’s why this year, we’ve made a bucket list!
With our bucket list, we’ll hopefully always have something to do. Some of the activities are things we can do at home, others we have to go out for. Some will be pennies, some will be pounds. The boys came up with a few ideas, but they were starting to get a bit silly, so mum to the rescue with some things I had planned already!
- Make ice cream
tying in with…
- Eat ice cream
- Go to the library
- Go to the beach
- Drink water (this was one of the silly ones!)
- Go out for afternoon tea
- Go to Air Kings trampoline park
- Make jelly slushies
- Go to Cheeky Chimps soft play
- Make cookies
- Go on a bug/nature hunt
- Go to a farm or a zoo
- Do Uncle Henry’s maize maze
- Go for a bike ride
- Go to The Deep aquarium (using our annual pass)
- Watch The Greatest Showman
- Go to the museum
- Go to LEGOLAND Discovery Centre (it just says LEGO on our list as I’m planning on keeping this a surprise! But we are also going to a…)
- LEGO morning at the library
- Go on a woodland walk
- Go to McDonalds for breakfast (silly…)
- Make ice lollies
- Go to the cinema
- Go to the park
- Make a time capsule
tying in with…
- Make a treasure map
- Go to Diggerland (not on the paper list, also a surprise!)
- Go to an outdoor splash pad/swimming pool
There will probably be more to add to this, as Jacob keeps coming up with new ideas. We’ve already ticked some of them off; I can’t wait to do the rest!
What’s on your summer bucket list?
*Post contains affiliate links