Everybody loves a nice muffin, right? I may be in the minority but I prefer a fruity one to a chocolaty one. First of all, it’s healthier as it has fruit in, yes? Secondly, it’s so delicious biting into it and tasting the juicy fruit, and it looks so good oozing from the top. I love baking muffins as well as eating them, there are so many wonderful combinations and they can be made even healthier for children too but they still think they are getting a treat. And the smell; the smell when baking them – amazing! Actually right now I could just eat one of these, but I’m trying to be good for my weigh in tomorrow! These are really easy to throw together and the cinnamon sugar on top leaves them looking all golden.
- 110g butter
- 225g caster sugar
- 225g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 125ml milk
- 200g blueberries
- 50g dried cranberries
- cinnamon sugar
- Preheat your oven to gas 4/180C/350F. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with cases.
- Beat the butter & sugar until light & fluffy.
- Add the flour, baking powder, eggs & milk, and mix until well combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the fruit until mixed well.
- Divide between the muffin cases and sprinkle with the cinnamon sugar – I like lots!
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden on top and a cocktail stick inserted comes out clean.