I know summer is now over and winter is well & truly on its way, but this recipe could be adjusted to include winter fruits (plus I’ve had this post sat in my drafts for months so I thought I better share it, okay…). Who can resist jelly, whatever the weather? The pomegranate seeds in this one look just like little jewels. My boys even loved it so you could pretend that you’re making it for the children too. Though it’s obviously a more summery dish, you can still enjoy it whenever you want, as it’s only 3 syns for the whole thing (half a syn per serving)!
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 1 sachet sugar free raspberry jelly crystals
- 2 tsp powdered gelatine
- 220g strawberries
- 125g raspberries
- 100g blueberries
- 80g pomegranate seeds
- Put a 2lb loaf tin in the freezer to chill, then dissolve the jelly following the pack instructions to make 600ml.
- Dissolve the gelatine in 2 tbsp boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved. Stir into the jelly liquid.
- Cover the tin with a layer of cling film which will make it easier to get the terrine out in one piece.
- Layer the pomegranate seeds on the bottom of the tin and then top with the rest of the fruit. Pour the jelly liquid on top.
- Cover lightly with the cling film, then cover with a piece of baking paper and a plate, this is to weight it to prevent the fruit from bobbing up.
- Refrigerate for several hours or overnight, until the jelly is set firmly.
- To serve, place a serving plate over the top of the tin then quickly turn upside down and shake gently until the jelly pops out, then remove the cling film.
- Slice and enjoy!