One of my favourite flavours for a dessert (or anything sweet really) is lemon, and I really love it in this cake as it makes it so moist. I think lemon & raisin go really well together and of course having raisins in a cake makes it healthy, right?…
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g self raising flour (plus a little extra)
- 3 eggs
- juice of 2 lemons
- zest of 1 lemon
- 200g raisins
- Preheat oven to gas 5 / 375F / 190C, and grease & line the bottom of loaf tin.
- Mix together the butter and sugar until smooth & creamy.
- Add the flour & the eggs bit by bit and mix well.
- Add the lemon juice & zest and mix until well combined.
- (If you’re lazy like me you could just chuck all of the above in a stand mixer at once).
- In a separate mixing bowl, coat the raisins with the extra flour, this will stop them from sinking to the bottom of the cake.
- Mix the raisins into the cake mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf tin then bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, or serve warm.