I have previously bought a chocolate pizza a couple of times for my husband, for birthday and Christmas, but they are brilliant to give as a gift to a chocoholic for any celebration really. Instead of buying yet another one, I decided to make one myself and it turned out really great!
They are so easy to make as it just involves melting some chocolate and sticking other chocolate or sweets onto it. With no cooking required (other than the melting of the chocolate) it is something that is fab to get the children involved with too – especially for Father’s Day coming up!
The great thing about a chocolate pizza is that they are so versatile so you can cater to your recipient’s taste. I went for rocky road for this version but of course you can experiment!
Ingredients (you can swap these for your tastes/creativity. These make an 8 inch pizza)
- 400 g milk chocolate
- giant chocolate buttons
- Maltesers (chopped in half)
- mini marshmallows
- 2 squares white chocolate
- Break the milk chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave, stirring every 30 seconds or so, making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Pour the melted chocolate into an 8 inch flat sided cake tin (I use a silicone one as it’s much easier to get the pizza out once set).
- Immediately place your other buttons/Maltesers/marshmallows on top before the chocolate starts setting.
- Grate the white chocolate on top, this is the ‘cheese’!
- Put in the fridge to set – it won’t take long.
- Once set, remove from the fridge, carefully score into slices with a sharp knife, then carefully remove from the tin
- Either serve immediately with family, wrap in cellophane to give as a gift (which is what I did as I left it until the last minute!), or you can even get hold of a pizza box for genuineness!