This month my foodie penpals parcel came from Kevin over at The Crafty Larder (you really should check his blog out as there are some fantabulous recipes on there – seriously, go on, do it).
I think this parcel was one of my favourite ones yet. Though I have said it before this parcel was very ‘me’ and a lot of thought was put into it.
First up, a few savoury bits:
- Vietnamese dipping sauce. I haven’t had Vietnamese yet but I’m looking forward to trying this with spring rolls (or some other kind of appetiser)
- Thai chilli rice crackers. These were the first thing I we tucked into – J very much enjoyed these too as he kept asking for more! I will certainly be buying these again as they are a very yummy snack
- smokehouse flavour almonds. I haven’t tried these yet but I imagine these will make a yummy snack too.
Next up the sweet things:
- peanut butter flavour hot drink. I had to tuck into this on the evening that my parcel arrived. It is so nice. I will be trying out some recipes with it too, so watch this space!
- home made lime curd. I haven’t tried this yet but I imagine it will be delicious on a plain vanilla loaf cake
- chilli & orange chocolate. I’ve never had chilli flavour chocolate before so I’m very much looking forward to trying this – I’m just waiting for the right time when J has driven me mad I’m desperate for a treat
- home made vanilla paste. I’ve been meaning to try vanilla paste rather than extract for ages, so I must get baking now! (The recipe is over on Kevin’s blog)
- paper straws. I have been after some of these for aaages (small things) so I was delighted when I saw them! These will be great in cupcakes or for a milkshake or smoothie in one of those mason drinking jars.
If you wish to find out more about Foodie Penpals and join in, visit Rock Salt for more details.