One of our favourite cuisines and dishes in our house is Mexican fajitas. Most of the time we use chicken but on the odd occasion I will make steak fajitas for a nice change.
Ingredients (makes enough for 4-5 wraps)
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 medium/large peppers, sliced
- 1 tbsp oil (though using the Ozeri Stone Earth pan like I do you need less than 1 tsp)
- 2 tsp chilli powder (I use mild when J is eating them, hot when he’s not – I love the spice!)
- 1 tsp paprika (can use smoked if you wish)
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- tortilla wraps
- Preheat the oil in a large deep pan then add the chicken and cook on a moderate heat until thoroughly cooked, and starting to brown on the outside.
- Add the onion & peppers and mix with the chicken (add these 5-10 minutes before serving as you still want a bit of a crunch).
- Mix all of the spices in a seperate bowl.
- Once the onion & peppers are cooked a little, add the spice mix and give the pan a good mix & shake.
- Cook for around 5 minutes until the mixture has made a lovely brown coating over the chicken, onion & peppers.
- Either place into tortilla wraps with salsa, or take straight to the table and let everyone make the wraps themselves! Serve with homemade smoked paprika potato wedges on the side, or nachos.