You may have read my recent review of premium MOR sausages and how much we loved them. I used two of the flavours on the barbecue, but I couldn’t decide what to do with the pork, super green veg and lentil ones. I wanted to do something that wouldn’t overpower them, but would also bring out the flavour just a little more. Instead of frying or grilling them, I decided to bake them; I think sausages are always much juicier and tender when baked.
Add some classic sweet shallots and balsamic vinegar to the fold, serve with spicy spaghetti, and you’re faced with a truly scrumptious dish.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
- 1 pack MOR pork, super green veg & lentil sausages
- 6 shallots, roughly sliced
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp sugar (or sweetener)
- 150g dried spaghetti, snapped in half
- 6 tbsp passata
- chilli flakes
- Preheat oven to 200c/400f/gas 6.
- Line a baking dish with foil, then add the shallots and uncooked sausages.
- Mix together the balsamic vinegar, honey, and sugar. Pour over the sausages and give the dish a little shake.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the sausages are thoroughly cooked.
- Place the spaghetti in a large pan and cover with cold water. Boil gently until the spaghetti is tender.
- Drain the spaghetti, add back to the pan, and then mix in the passata and chilli flakes, to your taste.
- Serve the spaghetti into bowls, add the sausages on top, and finish with the shallots.