Yes, this one is a bit of a mouthful – in more ways than one! But, it’s a delicious one. Millionaire’s shortbread is one of my favourite naughty traybakes, and I love anything that contains salted caramel. I’ve previously made this seasonal with mini eggs at Easter; this time I wanted to make it a bit more different, so I added some pistachios. I used some Dr Oetker products for this which cuts the work down a bit, but the end result is still super tasty. Finished off with a spray of gold, it makes the perfect afternoon tea treat!
- 115g soft butter
- 50g golden caster sugar
- 175g plain flour
- 1 pouch Dr Oetker Easy Fill Cake Centres Salted Caramel
- 50g pistachios, crushed
- 150g Dr Oetker Fine Cooks 35% Milk Chocolate
- 50g Dr Oetker Fine Cooks White Chocolate
- Dr Oetker Gold Shimmer Spray
- Preheat oven to gas 4/350f/180c. Grease and line a 7 inch square cake tin. (Or you could use a silicone one with no need to grease).
- Beat the butter and sugar until soft and creamy, then sift the flour in and mix well until it forms a crumbly dough.
- Press the crumbs evenly into the bottom of the tin and smooth with the back of a spoon until level.
- Prick all over and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden and firm to the touch. Leave in the tin to cool.
- Once the biscuit is cool, leave in the tin and squeeze out the salted caramel filling onto it, then spread evenly with a knife.
- Sprinkle the crushed pistachios onto the salted caramel and lightly press them down.
- Break up the milk chocolate and either melt in 30 second bursts in the microwave, or in a bowl over a pan of lightly simmering water on the hob. Set aside to cool.
- Do the same as above with the white chocolate, in a separate bowl, then also set aside to cool.
- Spread the cooled milk chocolate on top of the salted caramel and pistachios, then dot spoons of the cooled white chocolate and swirl into the milk chocolate.
- Put the tin in the fridge for 10 minutes until the chocolate topping begins to set, then remove and spray all over with the shimmer spray. Carefully score through only the chocolate topping with a sharp knife, into 16 squares.
- Chill for another 30 minutes, and then carefully remove from the tin and cut right through the scores.
- Serve, and enjoy!