Personally, I’ve never been a smoker, but I know many people who have been, or are still are. I would say around a third have quit smoking, or at least tried, at one point or another. The Husband is an ex-smoker – he’s been off the cigarettes for almost seven years now, I think!
Everyone has different reasons for wanting to quit, and his was a no brainer really – if we wanted a referral for fertility treatment, they had to go. We walked out of the doctors, and his pack of cigarettes went straight in the bin. I won’t say it was straightforward from there, because it wasn’t, and he did have a few blips. So not from my personal experience, but I do know how hard it can be to quit.
Here are five tips to help with giving up the cigarettes:
- have a strong support network
– make sure there are always people around you who know what you are doing, in order to remind you why you are doing it. Leading on to…
- think of your end goal
– what are you quitting smoking for? The same reasons as The Husband, mentioned above? To live a longer life for your children? Never lose sight of your end goal.
- chewing gum
– replace the cigarettes with something else; something else not addictive, of course! The Husband replaced his with chewing gum, or mints.
- electronic cigarette from Simply E Liquid
– many people I know have replaced their tobacco cigarettes with e-cigs. You can get all sorts of flavours!
- fidget spinner
– if it’s the issue that you need something to do with your hands, then how about a fidget spinner? You can bag yourself one by clicking on the image below!
Giveaway terms & conditions
Aged 18 or over.
Expires 12th June 2017.