I know it’s not really the weather for ice cream at the moment, but ice cream is completely fine any time of the year, right? When I saw the frozen function on the Panasonic Gourmet Processor I had just the recipe in mind; this easy banana “ice cream”. I say “ice cream” as it isn’t really ice cream, but it looks like it, feels like it, and almost tastes like it; but it uses just one ingredient – bananas!
I have added a couple of extras to this easy banana ice cream, but you could add whatever you fancied, really. It’s delicious with a drizzle of honey on the top, and it really does feel like a naughty treat. It takes just seconds to whizz up in the Panasonic Gourmet Processor; though there is a little preparation required first.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 4 bananas, sliced into 1cm chunks
- 10g desiccated coconut
- 25g chocolate chips
- honey, for drizzling
- Cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper and lay the banana chunks on top, then place in the freezer.
- Checking them every half an hour or so, remove them from the freezer when they are firm but you are still able to poke a cocktail stick or skewer into them.
- Place the banana chunks into the bowl of the food processor with the chopping blade attached, and using the frozen function, whizz them up until they are smooth. (You may need to stop and scrape the mixture down the sides of the bowl a couple of times).
- Carefully empty the mixture into another bowl, add the coconut and the chocolate chips, and mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Divide into four dessert bowls and drizzle with honey to serve.
*This post forms part of my ambassador role for the Panasonic Kitchen.