I love my slow cooker, and especially at this time of year it comes out a lot. One of my favourite one pot meals to cook in there is a chilli. It’s usually a beef chilli but I decided to do a veggie one this time using the beans I received in my September Degustabox. I added a variety of tinned beans to make a 5 bean chilli – it’s totally syn free on Slimming World too, and makes a great EESP meal 🙂
This one is fairly hot but you could use mild chilli powder instead, or halve the amount of hot chilli powder. I love spicy food so I don’t mind the heat factor! You don’t have to use the same beans I’ve used either; whatever is available will be fine.
Ingredients (serves 4-6)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 2 garlic cloves (or 2tsp Lazy Garlic)
- 400g tin haricot beans, drained
- 400g tin canellini beans, drained
- 400g tin red kidney beans, drained
- 400g tin pinto beans, drained
- 150g tin Cirio borlotti beans, drained
- 500g passata
- 2tbsp hot chilli powder
- Add the onion and garlic to the slow cooker, then add the drained beans, mixing well.
- Add the passata and chilli powder, and give it a good stir to mix in the chilli powder.
- Cook on low for 4-6 hours, until the onion and peppers are soft.
- Enjoy with rice or vegetables!