Thanks to A Strong Coffee and her recipe for walnut cake using coconut oil, I have recently discovered how amazing coconut oil is! I’ve had an unopened jar sat in my cupboard for months and the first time I used it was a couple of weeks ago when I made the walnut cake. It was really tasty and using natural coconut oil rather than butter, it was even better as it added flavour with natural goodness.
I have seen so many recipes using coconut oil to make energy bites, bars, etc. but at the weekend I thought I would have a little experiment in the kitchen and make my own. I just chucked in a few ingredients that I already had lying around in my cupboards, and turned out with these tasty no bake coconut energy balls that are packed with natural ingredients & goodness; the whole family love them too!
- 130g dried figs, chopped
- 130g coconut oil
- 1tbsp Organic Cacao Powder
- 50g dried cranberries
- 150g rolled oats
- 30g desiccated coconut
- Using a small hand held blender, blitz up the figs until they form a smooth paste.
- Add the coconut oil and cacao powder and blitz until the figs, oil, and cacao are well combined.
- Scrape the blitzed up mixture into a bowl and add the cranberries and oats, and mix until the oats are well combined with the fig and coconut mixture.
- Separate the mixture into 10 palm sized pieces, and roll into a ball.
- Roll the balls in the desiccated coconut and place onto a tray.
- Refrigerate the coconut energy balls to allow the oil to harden up again, and then enjoy at your leisure, either after a workout or as a pick me up during the day.
*Post contains affiliate link