Pancake Day (or Shrove Tuesday if you want to be particular) is drawing closer, and who doesn’t want pancakes then, in some form or another? To have “proper” pancakes on Slimming World would mean using quite a few syns, but with these you barely need to use any, so you can still have your pancakes and eat them!
Since I discovered this recipe, I have them at least once a week for my breakfast as they are absolutely delicious and really filling. They are more like American style thicker pancakes, but still very tasty. The best bit is that they are syn free on Slimming World too using your Healthy Extra B, and you can be really varied with your toppings.
Ingredients (makes 5-6)
- 40 g plain porridge oats
- one syn free Greek style yogurt (I use Aldi lemon flavour)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 tbsp sweetener (optional) (0.5 syn)
- drop of flavoured extract (optional)
- Fry Light
- your choice of toppings
- Mix the porridge oats with the yogurt and leave for 10-15 mins for the yogurt to soak in. You could also leave this step in the fridge overnight.
- Mix in the eggs (and sweetener and extract if using) and leave for another 10-15 mins.
- Using a tbsp of the mixture at a time, fry the pancakes with the Fry Light over a medium heat until golden on the outside, flipping half way through. (You could do this with all of them in a large pan or use two pans – one for frying and one on a very low heat for keeping warm.)
- Serve on a plate with your favourite fruity toppings and a bit of honey or even Choc Shot (remember to syn these).