I don’t know about you, but I find that in the winter I tend to drink a lot less water because I don’t feel as thirsty due to it being so cold, brr! Well, unless you count multiple cups of coffee…but then, caffeine isn’t all that great for you either.
We should still drink lots of water through the winter though as although it is not in the slightest bit warm (here in the UK anyway!), we can actually still become very dehydrated if we don’t keep our fluids topped up. Cordial is a really great way to do this, and let’s face it, it tastes much nicer than plain water.
I love Robinsons to make my cold drinks and through the winter it is also great for warmer drinks! I’ve been experimenting recently and came up with this tasty citrussy warm drink, but it has the added sweetness of honey. So it could also be used as a tasty remedy to keep those winter colds away too!
Ingredients (makes 1 drink)
- 50ml Robinsons orange squash
- 200ml warm water
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 tsp clear honey
- 1 slice of lemon
- Pour the squash into a glass and top up with the water.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the squash mixture and stir well. You could add more if you like it even more lemony.
- Pour in the honey and stir well.
- Garnish the glass with a slice of lemon.
- Serve & enjoy!