I’m a great cheese lover and before I joined Slimming World I would just cut blocks off and eat it like that – naughty! I do still enjoy it now regularly as my Healthy Extra A choice, but I don’t eat as much as I did before. When you’re not counting the calories in it, it can easily add up without you realising. I would always get low fat cheese as well but now I buy full fat and just have the lesser amount of my HEA. When you want to use your HEA for something else though, these cheese & chive potato scones give a wonderful cheese hit and are great for snacking on or to eat with some speed salad for lunches. (Some may consider it a tweak but I’ve lost weight when I’ve eaten them – it’s not like I eat them all in one go as the boys eat them too!).
Ingredients (makes 6 large ones, can divide smaller to make more bite size ones)
- 1 packet cheese & onion Smash, not made up (can use plain too)
- 300g tub low fat cheese & chive cottage cheese
- 2 medium eggs
- Fry Light
- Preheat oven to gas 6/400F/200C.
- Put all ingredients into a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 6 portions, roll into balls and place on a baking tray. Spray the tops with Fry Light.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, until the scones are golden on the outside.