I was experimenting recently when I fancied something a bit different to the usual roast potatoes with my Sunday dinner. It’s been a while now since we’ve had them as these are my new favourites being crispy on the outside yet fluffy on the inside, and are great as a side dish to many a meal. You can also leave the herbs out if you wish, they still taste delicious.
Ingredients (serves 4-5)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and chopped about 2 cm square
- 1 tbsp oil
- herbes de provence, to taste
- Preheat oven to gas 5/ 375F / 190C.
- In a large pan of boiling water, parboil the potatoes until they are just soft & fluffy on the outside.
- Drain the potatoes in a sieve and shake a little.
- Place the potatoes onto a baking tray then drizzle with oil and sprinkle on the herbes de provence to taste.
- Gently shake the baking tray or mix the potatoes with a spatula/spoon until they’re all covered.
- Roast for 35-45 mins (turnung halfway through cooking) until they are crispy & golden on the outside and soft & fluffy on the inside.