Naan bread pizzas are a new favourite in our house and we now have them at least once a month. The naan acting as the base means it is much softer than a normal pizza, and I actually eat the ‘crust’ (I normally leave it as it’s too crunchy)! I can’t actually remember the last time we had a pizza with a regular dough base. The good thing about these too are they they are just big enough for one person (J also manages a full one!) so there is no arguing over toppings – and they’re mega quick to make!
(no set quantities – just use as much as you like. The following are the toppings we mostly use)
- plain naan breads
- tomato puree/barbecue sauce
- cheese, grated
- ham, sliced
- mushrooms, sliced
- onions, sliced
- cooked sausage, sliced
- garlic butter (for a garlic bread naan – just mix garlic powder and mixed herbs with some butter)
- Preheat oven to gas 6/400F/200C.
- Place naan breads on pizza trays.
- Spread naan breads with tomato puree/barbecue sauce/garlic butter.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Top with ham/sausage/mushrooms/onion/sweetcorn/etc.
- Sprinkle a little more cheese on top.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is bubbling and naan breads are golden.