This recipe makes a quick easy midweek meal for the whole family. It can be eaten as a main course or as a smaller side dish. I used whatever veg we had in but you can change it to suit you.
Ingredients (serves 4 as a main dish)
- 2 bags of boil in bag rice (the cheats option)
- 1 tbsp oil (or you can use spray oil. none is needed if you use a ceramic or stone pan)
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced or quartered
- 4 large spring onions
- 100 g garden peas (tinned or frozen)
- 2 medium eggs
- 10 g butter
- 4 tbsp soy sauce (I use reduced salt)
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions.
- Preheat a large frying pan or wok and cook the chicken until golden.
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the spring onions and the peas and continue cooking on a lower heat.
- In the meantime in a separate pan, melt the butter and then add the eggs and cook until scrambled.
- Add the egg to the pan with the chicken and vegetables.
- Add the cooked rice to the pan and then toss everything with the soy sauce.