I made this for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and it is quick & easy to make with ingredients you would usually have in, so I made it again tonight as I was in a ‘can’t be bothered’ kind of mood. Both my boys love it, so do I of course!
Chicken chow mein
350g chicken breast, diced
140g garden peas (frozen or tinned, I use frozen)
75g button mushrooms, washed
1.5 blocks dried egg noodles
1.5 tbsp low salt soy sauce
1 tbsp oil
These are all optional amounts/vegetable ingredients, they can of course be changed to suit your tastes.
- In a large frying pan over a medium heat, heat the oil then fry the chicken and mushrooms until cooked through.
- At the same time, boil the egg noodles for approximately 4 minutes. You can of course use fresh noodles too.
- Cook the peas in a separate pan until heated through, then add to the chicken and mushrooms.
- Drain the noodles and add to the large pan with the other ingredients. Mix thoroughly.
- Add the soy sauce and mix again, cooking for another 1-2 minutes whilst mixing.
- Serve & enjoy!
|Chicken chow mein|