Following on from my previous post on things I miss about pregnancy, I thought I’d write about what I don’t miss! No matter what people say, there is always going to be something every person doesn’t like, or complains about. I didn’t think I would complain after what we went through, but I did! Although not much in public, and mainly towards the end…
- Having to go to the toilet every 15 minutes. Especially places where there were a lack of toilets. And getting up 3 or 4 times during the night to go!
- A painful bump while trying to put shoes/socks on/trying to get out of the bath when husband wasn’t about!
- Blood tests. Though I know this was for the good of my baby, and me, I absolutely hate them, always have!
- People staring at me like they’d never seen a pregnant woman before! Especially when I got to the waddling stage…
- Having scares, like when I had bleeding, and hardly any movements from the little monkey.
- Not being able to eat runny eggs, cake batter, and bacon & brie paninis! (Have had these now, except the panini)
- Backache. Especially near the end of labour, my goodness, that was awful!
- Sciatic pain. I didn’t experience it too often but it was so painful.
- Nearer the end, people asking if anything was happening yet! If it was, I would tell you! Well actually, I didn’t… only by text message!
- Also nearer the end, people telling me to eat hot curry/pineapple, go for a walk, have sex, etc. etc. Been there, done that…
But, saying all this, every single one of them was worth it to meet my boy.
I’m sure there are more things I don’t miss, but like with the previous post, my brain still doesn’t function properly at the minute and I can’t think properly!
Though I don’t miss these things, I can’t wait to experience them again, if we ever decide to have another!
Is there anything you don’t miss about pregnancy?