So, yes, at the end of this week, I will be 37 weeks and could really give birth at any time. At our midwife appointment before last, we discussed my birth ‘plan’ (said lightly). It is most likely knowing our luck, that it will not go to plan, but this is what we decided.
- My intended place of birth will be the hospital. I’m sure a home birth would be amazing though, maybe we will consider that if we ever have another. I’ve also decided I would like a water birth if possible. (Which reminds me, I must pack appropriate wear in my hospital bag just in case).
- My lovely husband is going to be my birth partner. Though he has this preconceived image of women in labour, and keeps thinking I’m going to be hitting him or something… Maybe shouting at him, but I don’t think I’m that mean to hit him!
- Baby will be monitored throughout out labour, but of course if I have a water birth and baby needs continuous monitoring, then that bit won’t go to plan.
- Regarding pain management, well, I’ve asked for everything, except I’m a bit unsure about an epidural at this point. I really do not like needles, but then again, I don’t have a very good pain threshold either, so we will see!
- We went through all the positions that help ease the pain. Speaking of positions, which did you find helped with the pain?
- Regarding the 3rd stage of labour, I’ve asked for physiological, though I’m not so sure now! I’ve asked a question on my Facebook page regarding this, please pop over and answer if you wish.
- Finally, husband wants to cut the cord, and I would like skin to skin, if all goes to plan.
- We are also aware of what will happen if I need a C-section, regarding a spinal block and hubby’s attendance etc., and also if I need a ventouse or forceps delivery.
So, we shall see, and in the next few weeks I will be able to update you when I share my birth story!